Recent Commercial Posts
Schedule Duct Cleaning for your Business
There are many benefits to having the air ducts in your office professionally cleaned. A thorough air duct cleaning reduces the amount of interior cleaning and dusting necessary to maintain a hygienic work area because it reduces the dust that would otherwise circulate throughout your work space. Periodic air duct cleaning also promotes a healthier environment because harmful contaminants and micro-organisms such as pet dander, pollen and mildew are not allowed to recirculate in your office. Having your air ducts cleaned also improves air flow efficiency which will allow your furnace and air conditioning units to operate at peak efficiency and provide the most cost-effective performance for your energy dollar.
SERVPRO of Vacaville now provides duct cleaning services, so call us at 707-724-8977 to schedule your duct cleaning work today.
How Will Your Business Respond to a Disaster?
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. By allowing SERVPRO to help your business develop an Emergency Ready Profile, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
What Are the Advantages of an Emergency Ready Profile for Your Company?
- This concise document contains all the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Provides a guide to get you back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations and priority contact information.
- There is no cost to your business for this service.
Call SERVPRO of Vacaville today to get started on our Emergency Ready Profile for your business. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (707) 724-8977.
Help Prevent Fire in Commercial Buildings
Fires in Commercial Buildings can cause a great amount of damage, but there are three easy things a business can do to prevent the most common commercial building fires.
- Surprisingly, the top cause of commercial building fires is cooking fires. But a fire extinguisher placed near the kitchen area can give employees the power to stop a small cooking fire from spreading. Be sure to train your employees on how to use the extinguisher and make sure they are still in good working condition.
- Fire alarms can save lives and property from damage, yet many are left unchecked and are not properly maintained. Be sure to check the fire alarm in your building or office to make sure that it working correctly.
- A commercial fire sprinkler system can put out a potentially deadly fire in a commercial building. Have the one in your commercial building tested annually.
Be sure that your business has what it needs to protect itself from a crippling fire and be proactive in helping prevent damage to your business by following these three easy guidelines.
If you do experience a fire in your commercial building, call the experts at SERVPRO of Vacaville to help you recover. We'll make it like it never happened. 707-724-8977.
Preventing Water Leaks in Commercial Buildings
Water may be essential to life, but it can cause a great amount of damage to a commercial building if it ends up where it shouldn’t be and is undetected for a long period of time. Here are a few of the most common types of leaks in commercial properties and how to fix them.
- Faucet Leaks – With frequent use, faucet parts can wear out over time and when the seal or other components begin to leak, it can lead to water loss. This can substantially increase your water bill as well as cause major damage to your building. In order to avoid loss, prepare any dripping sinks as soon as you see them start to leak.
- Toilet Leaks – Like faucets, toilets have a number of parts that can deteriorate and lead to issues. One faulty or leaking part leads to other damage, so be sure to replace toilet components as soon as you see them begin to deteriorate.
- Underground Leaks – These types of leaks can often go undetected, but there are tell-tail signs of their existence, such as areas of wet soil, areas where grass or plants are growing faster than surrounding areas (due to increased water supply from your leak), and a significant rise in your water bill.
- Hidden Leaks – These types of leaks are the most difficult to detect, but can cause the most damage because they remain undetected for long periods of time. If you notice water marks or swelling of walls, ceilings and floors, you likely have a hidden leak.
If any of these types of leaks are detected in your commercial building, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. We can help find where the water is coming from and help to “Like it never even happened.” You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 707-724-8977.
Preparing Your Business for a Power Outage
Power outages disrupt a businesses’ operations, but here are some steps you can take now to limit the impact a power outage will have on your business.
- Assemble an emergency kit – This should include first aid items, tools, blankets, flashlights, batteries, a manual list of important phone numbers and a floor plan for your office that shows emergency exits.
- Get Power Surge Protectors – Power surges can occur when electricity turns back on, which can destroy important business information. If you experience a power outage and don’t have surge protectors at your place of business, turn off all electrical equipment during the outage to avoid damage to your electronics when power is restored.
- Train your employees – It’s important that your employees know what to do when the power goes off. Be sure to retrain and review your emergency plan often.
- Most Importantly STAY CALM – Remaining calm and thinking through your actions before reacting is the most important element to staying safe during a power outage. And if you stay calm, your fellow employees and customers will most likely also.
SERVPRO of Vacaville is happy to provide you with these tips so you will be prepared the next time there is a power outage in your area.
Fire Extinguishers in Commercial Buildings
Fire extinguishers are required in all commercial buildings in California, and there are specific requirements regarding training of your employees in many areas of fire prevention and safety.
Cal OSHA regulations stipulate that fire extinguishers must be placed in areas that the employees can easily access, such as in a cabinet or mounted to a wall. They should be placed near exits to reduce the risk that people will be trapped by fire inside a building. OSHA regulations also mandate that all employees must be trained on the basic principles of using fire extinguishers, as well as the hazards that are typically involved with firefighting. They should also be trained on the process for reporting a fire, how to evaluate the size of a fire, and how to keep an exit route in good condition in your place of work.
Training must be provided to every new employee, for employees assigned to emergency response teams, and to all other employees on an annual basis. In order to be safe, make sure your company is following all of these guidelines.