Preventing Additional Damage After a Fire
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. The professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems.
Here's just a few of the things we can help you with after a fire:
- Smoke and soot removal
- Inventory your home's contents
- Document restoration
There are also steps you can take to minimize additional damage to your home after a fire occurs:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading
- Place clean towels on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor into the fabric
If you do experience a fire in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. We will work to ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored back to preloss condition whenever possible.
SERVPRO of Vacaville (707) 724-8977