It's the Water You Don't See That Causes the Most Damage
Your home should be your place of rest. But when water begins leaking - even small leaks in areas you can’t see - your home could quickly become a source of stress. The possibility of harmful mold, rot and unseen damage may affect the value of your home, and even more importantly, the health of your loved ones.
SERVPRO of Vacaville understands how disruptive water damage can be for your entire family and will help ensure that the source of the water is identified. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency response by trained professionals. With top-of-the-line equipment and time-tested cleanup and restoration techniques, SERVPRO of Vacaville Professionals have the expertise to help make your house feel like home again. Call us at (707) 724-8977 and we’ll be sure to make sure we take care of you, no matter how big or small your problem is.
Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you Can Do Until Help Arrives
No one wants to deal with water damage to your home, and hopefully it’s not something that happens often. When it does, be sure to call SERVPRO of Vacaville, a water damage repair and restoration specialist, as soon as you notice any damage. We have the experience, expertise and equipment to restore your property properly. In the meantime, here are a few tips to keep in mind which may help minimize the damage done to your home.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Having to deal with water damage can be frustrating and confusing, but the specialists at SERVPRO of Vacaville are on call 24-hours a day to respond to your residential or commercial emergency. If you have any questions, give us a call today at (707) 724-8977.