SERVPRO of Vacaville is Ready in Case of Emergency
You never know when a disaster may strike, but be assured that the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville are ready! We specialize in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources or Handle Floods and Storms
If storms hit Vacaville or any of the surrounding areas, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
If you have storm or flood damage, call us at (707) 724-8977. We are faster to any disaster and will make it “Like it never even happened.”
What To Do If You Suspect Mold
If mold is disturbed, it can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home or office. So if you see mold, do not disturb it. Stay out of the affected areas, turn off the HVAC systems and fans, and contact a remediation company, like SERVPRO of Vacaville, as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of Vacaville specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If you see obvious signs of mold, DO NOT:
- Touch or disturb the mold.
- Blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you see signs of mold, call SERVPRO of Vacaville today at (707) 724-8977. We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help with your mold issues.
Use These Water Damage Emergency Tips
If you experience water damage in your home, be sure to call the experts at SERVPRO of Vacaville as soon as you notice any damage. Our restoration specialists have the experience, expertise and equipment to restore your property properly. In the meantime, here are a few tips to keep in mind which may help minimize the damage done to your home.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- During the summer, turn air conditioning on for maximum drying effect.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Hang leather goods and furs.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
The specialists at SERVPRO of Vacaville are on call 24-hours a day to respond to your residential or commercial emergency. If you have any questions, give us a call today at (707) 724-8977.
We Can Help You Prevent Additional Damage After a Fire with These Tips
The first few days after a fire can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. The professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville can help with smoke and soot removal, document restoration and inventory of your home’s contents.
Here are some things you can do to minimize additional damage to your home after a fire occurs:
- Limit movement in your home to prevent soot particles from spreading
- Place clean towels on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
Be sure NOT to:
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to a dry cleaner, since improper cleaning may set smoke odor into the fabric
If you do experience a fire in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. We will work to ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored back to preloss condition whenever possible, and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Fall Maintenance Tips for Your Home
Now that the summer heat is subsiding, it is the perfect time to perform some routine home maintenance jobs in preparation for the cooler and wetter weather that will soon arrive. Here’s a list you should consider putting on your weekend to-do list:
- Make sure our roof is ready for the winter by inspecting and replacing broken or missing shingles.
- Cleaning gutters and downspouts of leaves and other debris. This will keep water from collecting on your roof and prevent wood rot and other damage to your home.
- Make sure water drains away from your home. Improper drainage can cause costly foundation problems.
- Seal around windows and doors and check the weather stripping around exterior doors.
- Clean your windows. Cleaner windows let more natural light into your home.
- Change your furnace filter. A dirty filter can cause undue stress on your heating system.
- Trim your trees to help prevent trees from falling from high winds. A tree that hasn’t been trimmed in a while can cause serious property damage during storms.
Once you get these maintenance chores out of the way, you can sit back and enjoy the beauty of fall. These maintenance tips were brought to you by SERVPRO of Vacaville, providing services for all your water, smoke, fire and mold remediation needs. Call us today at 707-724-8977 if we can help.
Smoke Alarm Safety Tips
You can never be too careful when it comes to fire safety in your home, and smoke alarms are a great way to help alert your family to emergency situations, such as house fires. There are some important guidelines to follow regarding smoke alarms that will help keep your family safe.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoke alarms should be installed on every level of your home, including the basement and installed inside of every bedroom and outside of each sleeping area. For example, a home that is two stories and has three bedrooms should have five smoke alarms. Homes that have a set number of hardwired alarms can still place more battery-operated smoke alarms throughout the house. There is no such thing as having too many smoke alarms in your home! Just make sure they are properly placed within each room.
In order to benefit from smoke alarms in your home, they need to be properly installed in each room. In the kitchen, battery operated smoke detectors should be installed at least 10 feet away from cooking appliances to minimize the number of false alarms. Smoke rises, so smoke alarms should be placed high on walls or ceilings. If you are installing your battery-operated smoke alarm on a wall, the top of the alarm should not be installed more than 12 inches from the ceiling. Keep in mind that alarms should not be placed too close to vents or windows in order for them to properly work.
We hope these smoke alarm tips are helpful and keep your home and family safe from harm.
Sprinklers Can Cause Water Damage Inside Your Home
When looking for the source of water damage or mold inside your house, sometimes you need to look outside your home for the cause of the water damage. One area that may get overlooked is your sprinkler system.
If there is a stained arch on the side of the house or the wall is wet and there are sprinklers nearby, then most likely the sprinklers are spraying the side of the house. Sprinkler heads should be checked to see if they are pointed the wrong direction or if they are broken. When adjusting the sprinkler heads, a check of the wall's condition should also be done. Any damaged wall areas should be repaired, which will help prevent future water intrusion.
Occasionally if the sprinklers have gotten the wall area wet over a long period of time and the moisture has penetrated the wall, then mold or mildew may have developed. If this is the case, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. They can respond immediately to any signs of mold or mildew and help with mold and mildew remediation. Call us today at 707-724-8977.
Schedule Duct Cleaning for your Business
There are many benefits to having the air ducts in your office professionally cleaned. A thorough air duct cleaning reduces the amount of interior cleaning and dusting necessary to maintain a hygienic work area because it reduces the dust that would otherwise circulate throughout your work space. Periodic air duct cleaning also promotes a healthier environment because harmful contaminants and micro-organisms such as pet dander, pollen and mildew are not allowed to recirculate in your office. Having your air ducts cleaned also improves air flow efficiency which will allow your furnace and air conditioning units to operate at peak efficiency and provide the most cost-effective performance for your energy dollar.
SERVPRO of Vacaville now provides duct cleaning services, so call us at 707-724-8977 to schedule your duct cleaning work today.
What Causes Air Conditioner Leaks?
Air conditioning leaks can be very costly. They are both messy and can potentially cause significant water damage to your home or place of business. Knowing what causes water leaks in your central air conditioning system can help you avoid some problems before they become big disasters.
The most frequent cause of water leakage from a central air conditioning system is a clogged drain pipe which can make your system’s drain pan overflow. Drain lines can become clogged with dirt, rust, algae and other debris. One way to avoid this problem is to add a safety pan under your AC unit to catch drain pan overflow.
Disconnected drain lines allow condensate to drain through the ceiling or onto the floor of a home, causing major damage. This can happen when improperly installed drain pipe fittings loosen over time and disconnect from the unit. To avoid this problem, make sure that your central AC system has a secondary drain line, especially if your air handler is in the attic.
You should also clean or change your HVAC air filter regularly and make sure that your AC refrigerant levels are checked regularly.
If your air conditioning unit leaks, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. They know just how to take care of any water damage, mold remediation or mildew damage to your home and are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you with any of your restoration needs. Call SERVPRO of Vacaville today at 707-724-8977.
How Will Your Business Respond to a Disaster?
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. By allowing SERVPRO to help your business develop an Emergency Ready Profile, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
What Are the Advantages of an Emergency Ready Profile for Your Company?
- This concise document contains all the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Provides a guide to get you back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations and priority contact information.
- There is no cost to your business for this service.
Call SERVPRO of Vacaville today to get started on our Emergency Ready Profile for your business. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (707) 724-8977.