Follow These Mold Safety Tips If you Suspect Mold
Attention Vacaville, Dixon & Winters Residents
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Vacaville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don't touch or disturb the mold.
- Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Vacaville specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - (707) 724-8977
If Storms or Floods Hit, SERVPRO of Vacaville is Ready
SERVPRO of Vacaville specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources or Handle Floods and Storms
If storms hit Vacaville, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at (707) 724-8977
Preventing Additional Damage After a Fire
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. The professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems.
Here's just a few of the things we can help you with after a fire:
- Smoke and soot removal
- Inventory your home's contents
- Document restoration
There are also steps you can take to minimize additional damage to your home after a fire occurs:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading
- Place clean towels on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor into the fabric
If you do experience a fire in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Vacaville. We will work to ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored back to preloss condition whenever possible.
SERVPRO of Vacaville (707) 724-8977
Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you Can Do Until Help Arrives
No one wants to deal with water damage to your home, and hopefully it’s not something that happens often. When it does, be sure to call SERVPRO of Vacaville, a water damage repair and restoration specialist, as soon as you notice any damage. We have the experience, expertise and equipment to restore your property properly. In the meantime, here are a few tips to keep in mind which may help minimize the damage done to your home.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Having to deal with water damage can be frustrating and confusing, but the specialists at SERVPRO of Vacaville are on call 24-hours a day to respond to your residential or commercial emergency. If you have any questions, give us a call today at (707) 724-8977.